If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Special



We got lucky today.  We had walked most of Duxbury Beach (in Massachusetts) without seeing a Snowy Owl.  And then my mom's friend, Mark, drove by and offered us a ride back to the parking lot.  Mark's a photographer and had been keeping an eye out for Snowy Owls, too.

We were almost back to the parking lot when Mark spotted an owl on top of the dune ridge.  I took the picture above with my zoom lens (with a maximum focal length of 200 mm).  Then Mark offered to let me use his lens an impressive 600 mm lens.  So here's the view through Mark's lens:




And another of this beautiful owl:


A special place, a special bird, and a special time of year!

Thanks, Mark, for giving us a spectacular view of this Snowy Owl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so so pretty!!! Happy that you and mom got to see him!!!!