If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Inspiration


My dad (Steve Sones) with a Striped Bass (Morone saxatilis) off Scituate, MA



My dad, my sister (in the yellow hoodie), and me 



And me sitting on a large lobster trap! 


My dad passed away recently.  It's made me think a lot about how appreciative I am that my parents spent so much time outdoors and encouraged us to explore and connect with the world around us (and to eat lots of fresh, local seafood!).

May you all have family and friends that inspire a love of nature.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie, what a lovely remembrance of your Dad and how you started out on your natural history journey. I, too, thank your parents.

Peter

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing, beautiful sentiment.
Mary/BB

GSS said...

Every day I think of him ,check out pics,recall the good times

Annaliese Hettinger said...

Thanks for sharing these memories, Jackie. Wonderful pictures.