If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sailor's delight

Around 8 p.m., the air temperature started dropping, a breeze began to blow, and dark clouds were visible to the east.  I wondered if it was raining somewhere:



I went outside for a better view, and noticed large flocks of American Crows flying to roost:



I went out a third time to check on the sky, and this time I looked west:



Wow!  

It only intensified:


I hope some of you got to see this sunset, too.  Or perhaps the full moon a little bit later?

1 comment:

John W. Wall said...

I wish! We generally don't see sunrises or sunsets from where we live because hills block our view of the horizons east and west. I tried to do a time lapse of the full moon rising yesterday, but got fogged out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jwallphoto/19335879722