If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Blending in


Did you find the Burrowing Owl in the center of the photo?

(Click on the photo for a larger version.)

I wasn't sure whether to post this picture, as the owl is a little hard to see.  Then I thought about it more, and I liked how the image invites you to appreciate a Burrowing Owl's ability to blend in with grassland habitat.  I liked how the owl's mottled brown-and-white feathering matches the dark-and-light patterning of the surrounding vegetation. 

This photograph was taken on 27 February 2015.

To learn more about Burrowing Owls, and see a few closer pictures, review the post from 6 February 2013.

No comments: