If you're interested in using any of these photographs in any way, please contact me. Send an e-mail to naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Beware the Eyes of March

Ready for something a little different?  Here's an image to celebrate March 15th and the "Eyes of March."  ;)

It's a collection of animal eyes that I put together from the last few years.

I won't reveal their identities tonight...especially for any of you who like to play games.  This is the first Natural History of Bodega Head write-in game, with a prize offering (I'm serious!).  

If you want to play, write to me with the identities of the 12 animals in the collage below.  The person who identifies the most animals correctly will win the prize.  Or, if there is more than one person with this total, I'll enter the names in a random drawing for the prize (yup, you read that right again, a prize!).

There are four rows, so let's say from top to bottom it's rows 1-4.  And then there are 3 animals per row, so list them from left to right.  You should end up with something like this: 

Row 1 (Top Row): Left Animal, Middle Animal, Right Animal 
Row 2: Left Animal, Middle Animal, Right Animal
Row 3: Left Animal, Middle Animal, Right Animal
Row 4 (Bottom Row): Left Animal, Middle Animal, Right Animal

If you know the species, that of course makes you a star.  But I'm guessing that will be very challenging.  So you can list the type of animal, but you should do better than vertebrate or invertebrate!

Send your answer to me before 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, March 17th.  Use this address: naturalhistoryphotos(at)gmail.com.  And don't worry I'll tell everyone the answers no matter what (on Monday night).

Good luck!

 

No comments: